The Pretty Reckless's Jamie Perkins on soloing, keeping out of the way and more

شروع موضوع توسط News Poster ‏12/3/15 در انجمن MusicRadar

تاپیک The Pretty Reckless's Jamie Perkins on soloing, keeping out of the way and more تالار MusicRadar در persian-music.org.

وضعیت موضوع:
موضوع بسته شده است. (فقط مدیران امکان ارسال پست جدید در ادامه تاپیک را دارند)
  1. News Poster

News Poster عضو سایت

تاریخ عضویت:
    ‏8/7/14
    ارسال ها:
    امتیازات:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Pretty Reckless's Jamie Perkins on soloing, keeping out of the way and more

Read more about The Pretty Reckless's Jamie Perkins on soloing, keeping out of the way and more at MusicRadar.com
    The Pretty Reckless's Jamie Perkins on soloing, keeping out of the way and more-jamieperkins169thumb-460-100-200-70.jpg

Jamie Perkins, drummer with female-fronted hard rock outfit The Pretty Reckless, is more than 10 long minutes into a drum solo when it becomes clear that something a little special and more than a little unusual is happening.

A blur of hair under the hot stage lights, Jamie's pounding the toms and pedalling the double kicks, smashing cymbals and triggering backing tracks for a genuinely appreciative Birmingham crowd who, you would have thought, might be impatient for the return of the band's beautiful and TV-famous singer, Taylor Momsen – after all this is slap bang in the middle of the band's only encore, playing one of their biggest hits.

"'F**ked Up World' has a percussion break in it," explains Jamie of the origins of his solo, "so when I was playing it live I was doing a drum break – and the rest of the band was, 'Hey, you should do a drum solo!' I was very reluctant to do one, I think drum solos can be hit and miss, I think you can lose a lot of the audience if you don't do it right.

"The rest of the band was, 'Hey, you should do a drum solo!' I was very reluctant to do one"

"So in the summer we were doing a lot of festivals and in the time off in between I worked the solo out, I got together with my buddy, did a track for it that I trigger half-way through… And it was scary, we play 'F**ked Up World' as the encore and I didn't necessarily want to play a solo in the encore, I figured I'd be watching people walk out the door and head to their cars!

"So when I was working on it I really wanted to make it entertaining. Rather than show off chops I really wanted it to be fun for the crowd, and for me and for everybody, so I didn't see people leave! And, except for New York City, everybody pretty much sticks around."

The Pretty Reckless is fronted by former TV star Taylor Momsen, previously best known for US teen TV drama Gossip Girl. Taylor is, it turns out, a songwriter with a huge talent for penning hooky, radio-friendly hard rock songs delivered with the kind of dirty, bluesy voice and ballsy attitude that brings to mind classic Joan Jett.

With decades of rock heritage distilled into a sound that is grunge, glam-punk, blues and classic hard rock in equal amounts, Taylor's onstage charisma and fantastic voice are backed with considerable musical skill by Ben Phillips' guitar, Mark Damon's bass and Jamie Perkins' drums. And Jamie's impressive and lengthy solo spot reveals a band that are not afraid to pull out all the stops when it comes to live performance.

Read more about The Pretty Reckless's Jamie Perkins on soloing, keeping out of the way and more at MusicRadar.com The Pretty Reckless's Jamie Perkins on soloing, keeping out of the way and more-mf.gif

The Pretty Reckless's Jamie Perkins on soloing, keeping out of the way and more-rc.img.gif
    The Pretty Reckless's Jamie Perkins on soloing, keeping out of the way and more-rc.img.gif

The Pretty Reckless's Jamie Perkins on soloing, keeping out of the way and more-a2.img.gif The Pretty Reckless's Jamie Perkins on soloing, keeping out of the way and more-a2t.img.gif

بارگذاری...
برخی موضوعات مشابه - Pretty Reckless's Jamie
  1. News Poster
    پاسخ ها:
    نمایش ها:
  2. News Poster
    پاسخ ها:
    نمایش ها:
  3. News Poster
    پاسخ ها:
    نمایش ها:
  4. News Poster
    پاسخ ها:
    نمایش ها:
وضعیت موضوع:
موضوع بسته شده است. (فقط مدیران امکان ارسال پست جدید در ادامه تاپیک را دارند)